Monday, December 22, 2008
for the record
Due to uncertainty, and the overall danger of this trip, I would like to separate ourselves from other groups of people and declare our route. On July 6th 1945 the USS Indianapolis reported to Guam and was further dispatched to the Philippines. The lack of basic recording skills proved to be their dome. The USS Indianapolis was later hit by a Japanese submarine and left at sea for a week. Of the 1,196 passengers aboard the USS Indianapolis only 317 made it alive. 900 men got into the water and was left there for five days nearly 700 men were left to their peril. In the mid 70's a charted flight of Uruguayan Rugby players were crashed in the West Andes mountains. So far off course, that the search planes were not even looking in that direction. They lived to tell their story, but they had to survive off the meat of the fallen (I.E. cannibalism)....Now look, I'm not saying we are going to be Tom Hanks in Cast Away, I'm just saying that if this Blog can help keep Justin from eating my nearly dead body, then so be it. If this Blog can get a tow truck out to us faster, then great! Hopefully this blog will be updated before departure, but he have two possible routes. 1.) The route most likely is 84 to Jackpot, thru Wells, NV and into Ely, NV. Once we hit Ely we have two choices. We can go to Hwy 6 down to 318 or we can take 50 to hwy 93 into Vegas. The Hwy 6 route is faster, but weather and road restrictions will dictate our course. We do hope to update our path and times to keep everyone square. Short of all that look for out beat box contest and blue dark photo contest. Can we upload video's and pictures on this blog??? For now, we look forward to shoving off around 5 pm tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Honestly I would just head North.. you are making this way to complicated.... I'm just saying.... mc
ReplyDelete